A few weeks ago Google released an update to one of its most popular products – Gmail. The update is simple; Gmail will now automatically tag your incoming emails and assign them to one of five tabs:
- Primary: person-to-person conversations and messages that don’t appear in other tabs
- Social: messages from social networks, media-sharing sites, online dating services and other social websites
- Promotions: deals, offers and other marketing emails
- Updates: personal, auto-generated updates including confirmations, bills, receipts, bills and statements. This will include your “transactional” product emails like Optify Daily Lead Report.
- Forums: messages from online groups, discussion boards and mailing lists